Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Allegedly Insist On Taking Part In Queen Elizabeth’s Thanksgiving Service
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle couldn’t allegedly accept the fact that they don’t have any part in Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee celebration.
After the couple was banned from appearing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, Prince Harry and Markle are allegedly thinking of ways how they could still get involved.
A source claimed that the couple is thinking of participating in the queen’s Thanksgiving service at St. Paul’s Cathedral.
“This is sheer nonsense – a laughable attempt to save face. There’s nothing more prestigious in England than being able to stand with the queen and view the famed Trooping the Colour military parade below. This is a real slap in the face to Harry and Meghan,” the source told Globe in its June 6 issue.
Days ago, a statement was released regarding the Trooping the Colour festivities. It was confirmed that only the members of the royal family that are taking active duties will join the queen on the balcony.
Royal fans saw this as the royal family’s way of snubbing Prince Harry, Markle, and Prince Andrew. But Omid Scobie insisted that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex weren’t offended because their inputs were also asked by Her Majesty.
“Both sides thought it would be more appropriate not to have the Sussexes on the balcony. Basically, Andrew, Harry, and Meghan are in the same boat – they’re out,” the source said.
However, if Scobie’s claims are true then this means that Prince Harry and Markle are perfectly fine not to be included on the balcony. And if they had a problem with it, they would’ve canceled their appearance at the queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
But so far, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are still going to the event. In fact, they will also bring their two children with them.
Meanwhile, there are also claims that Prince Harry and Markle are determined to return to the United Kingdom because they want to film some footage from their upcoming docuseries for Netflix.
There are whispers that the Sussexes are using the royal family in this regard. But there’s no confirmation that this is what they plan to do.
In fact, there are also claims that Prince Charles and Prince William are doing everything that they can to ban the Sussexes from taking footage from the queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
And the father and son won’t also allow cameramen to enter the premises.