A recent video release has added another layer to the unfolding story involving Scott Swift, father of pop superstar Taylor Swift, and a paparazzo named Ben McDonald. The incident, which has sparked an investigation by Australian police, occurred during a late-night encounter at Neutral Bay Wharf, as reported by AFP.

The footage, shared by TMZ, offers a different perspective on the altercation that has been the subject of conflicting narratives. In the video, Scott Swift is seen guiding his daughter, whose view was obstructed by an umbrella, towards their waiting vehicle. The presence of other security personnel is also noted as they navigated through a crowd of photographers.

Alicia McCumstie, a police spokesperson, confirmed that an inquiry was underway following reports of an assault involving a 71-year-old man and a 51-year-old photographer around 2:30 am. The photographer, identified as Ben McDonald, alleged that he was unexpectedly struck by Scott Swift in an unprovoked attack. McDonald, who had previously photographed Taylor Swift on a Sydney Harbour superyacht, expressed his shock to AFP, stating, "He punched me in the chops... That's never happened to me in 26 years."

As the investigation continues, despite Scott Swift's departure from Australia, representatives for Taylor Swift have come forward with their account of the events. According to a statement provided to Variety, the altercation was precipitated by aggressive behavior from two individuals who posed a threat to Taylor Swift and her team. The representatives detailed how these individuals were "aggressively pushing their way towards Taylor, grabbing at her security personnel, and threatening to throw a female staff member into the water."

However, McDonald has contested this version of events, telling the Daily Mail that the claims were unfounded and questioning the identity of the alleged female staff member involved.

The incident has garnered significant attention, given the high-profile nature of those involved and the differing accounts of what transpired. As the investigation by Australian authorities progresses, further details are expected to emerge, shedding light on the true sequence of events during the late-night encounter.