Oprah Winfrey Shares Thoughts On Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Coronation Attendance
Oprah Winfrey is weighing in on whether Prince Harry and Meghan Markle should attend the coronation of King Charles III.
Fox News reported that the 69-year-old celebrity shared her thoughts on the matter during a “CBS Mornings” interview with Gayle King this week. As noted, it came after her fellow television personality asked her whether the former working royals should or should not go.
Winfrey is said to have told King in the exchange that she thinks the Duke and Duchess of Sussex “should do what they feel is best for them and for their family,” adding that “that’s what I think,” and before saying, “That’s what the bottom line it comes down to. What do you feel like is the right thing for you?
In the end, the talk show host noted that the royal-born Prince and the former actress “haven’t asked” her, as per the publication.
Talks about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s attendance at the coronation of King Charles III have been apparent in the last few months.
But, amid all the reports, the couple, who currently reside in the United States, has yet to confirm whether they will be in attendance at the upcoming historic royal event.
Earlier this month, though, People reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had received their invitation to the King’s coronation. It cited then a piece from The Sunday Times, revealing what the couple’s spokesperson had said about the matter.
In a statement to the publication, the rep said, “I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty’s office regarding the coronation.”
The statement continues, however, that “an immediate decision on whether The Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time.”
In its report, published on March 5, People noted that Buckingham Palace had no comment.
Despite the silence, the Daily Mail learned from sources that the Palace is making plans for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to attend the coronation, which will occur this May.
An insider told the outlet that the former working royals “are being factored into all of the planning,” before pointing out that “no one knows for certain whether this means they have definitely accepted” the invitation.
A second source, who reportedly has knowledge of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s thoughts on the matter, seemingly echoed the assertion, telling the publication that “the indication is that they are, although there is a lot that needs to be worked through first.”
The publication later noted in the same report, published on March 9, that a palace source confirmed the story, reportedly saying it was “always easier to make plans and provisions that might subsequently have to be dropped than not make any and then suddenly have to get that in motion further down the line.”