Tucker Carlson Eager for Fox News Comeback, Enlists High-Profile Supporters in 'Pressure Campaign'
Tucker Carlson is said to be increasingly eager to return to Fox News and has initiated a "pressure campaign" involving some of his most prominent supporters to help facilitate his comeback, according to RadarOnline.com.
Two weeks after Carlson's sudden departure from the Rupert Murdoch-owned conservative news network, the 53-year-old former host is reportedly gearing up to "hit Fox News hard" in an attempt to regain his on-air position.
Reports suggest that Carlson has enlisted a "rogues gallery of surrogates" to aid his cause, including former NFL star Brett Favre, ex-Fox News colleague Megyn Kelly, and MAGA House Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene.
The Daily Beast reported on Monday that Carlson's alleged "pressure campaign" began when Favre tweeted his support for a Fox News boycott until Carlson is reinstated. Favre tweeted, "I'm with Tucker. Time to boycott Fox until they come to their senses and let the man speak."
Kelly, House Rep. Greene, and GOP Senator J.D. Vance have also joined the call for a Fox News boycott following Carlson's April dismissal. More supporters are expected to publicly back Carlson in the coming days, according to the Daily Beast.
An insider familiar with Carlson's "coordinated pressure campaign" told the outlet, "This is like putting some smelling salts under Fox's nose."
Fox Corp's quarterly earnings report is set to be released by Lachlan Murdoch on Tuesday morning, with network analysts keen to explore "what a post-Carlson Fox will look like."
RadarOnline.com previously reported that Fox News' prime-time ratings have suffered significantly since Carlson's exit on April 24. Millions of viewers have abandoned the network, along with the former Tucker Carlson Tonight host.
The show that replaced Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox News Tonight, attracted 1.5 million fewer viewers than Carlson after his departure from the network was confirmed.
Carlson's "pressure campaign" comes on the heels of reports from one of his closest friends that the former host is "preparing for war" against Fox News following his dismissal.
"We're going from peacetime to Defcon 1," the friend told Axios over the weekend. "His team is preparing for war."
"He wants his freedom," added another source. A separate Carlson insider claimed that the former Fox News host "knows where a lot of bodies are buried."