Prince William Embarked On Secret Charity Work Over The Holidays
Prince William, reportedly, embarked on a series of secret charity works over the holidays.
In its Jan. 16 issue, Heat UK revealed that Prince William visited The Passage over Christmas to help pack and distribute food to those in need.
The publication also revealed that Prince William visited the charity at least three more times over the holidays.
While there, the Duke of Cambridge helped prepare hot meals for people who used to live on the streets before they were transferred to an emergency accommodation facility.
In 2019, Prince William was named as the patron of The Passage due to his commitment to serving the homeless.
When he was still a kid, Prince William used to go to The Passage with his late mother, Princess Diana.
In 1993, Prince William posed for a photograph with Princess Diana and Prince during his first visit there.
The snap shows Prince William wearing a red collared shirt sitting on a table while smiling from ear to ear.
Back then, he and the Princess of Wales signed their names on The Passage’s guest book.
“The visits I made as a child to this place left a deep and lasting impression upon me—about how important it is to ensure that everyone in our society, especially the poorest, are treated with respect, dignity, and kindness, and are given the opportunities to fulfill their potential in life,” he said in a statement.
Meanwhile, Prince William also made headlines amid claims that he and his wife ignored calls to postpone their Royal Train tour last month.
A spokesperson for the couple told Harper’s Bazaar that their stand on the matter remains the same.
They also reiterated that Prince William and Middleton visited Scotland for work and not for leisure.
And prior, during, and after their trip the royal couple adhered to all the safety rules and protocols.
They also said that the trip was planned in consultation with the U.K., Scottish, and Welsh governments.
Prince William and Middleton were previously slammed for pushing through with their trip even with the ongoing restrictions in Scotland.
It was recently revealed that they were warned about pushing through with their Royal Train tour amid the rise in COVID-19 cases in the United Kingdom.
However, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge still pushed through with their tour. And it was regarded as a success.
According to the publication, the royal couple’s three-day trip covered 1,250 miles across multiple stops in Britain.