‘Don’t Worry Darling’ Stars Florence Pugh, Chris Pine To Miss Q&A Event Following Controversies: Report
The controversies surrounding “Don’t Worry Darling” continue to develop. In light of the recent speculation and attention over the film and its cast, new reports have come to light, claiming Florence Pugh and Chris Pine will not attend an upcoming event for the material.
Entertainment Tonight stated that the film’s director, Olivia Wilde, will be with Harry Styles, Gemma Chan, and Nick Kroll at the title’s Q&A event at the AMC Lincoln Square theater. Other actors, including Asif Ali, Kate Berlant, Sydney Chandler, and Douglas Smith, will also join the main cast on September 19.
Missing from the listed attendees are reportedly Pine and Pugh, who are some of the film’s most notable stars. It remains unclear and unconfirmed why they would miss the upcoming event, but the publication referenced the recent events that occurred at the premiere of “Don’t Worry Darling” at the Venice International Film Festival over the weekend.
The “Black Widow” actress was notably absent from the press conference hours before the premiere. Deadline previously reported that it was because her flight from Budapest, where she works on the sequel of “Dune,” would not land until after the event.
At the press conference, "Don't Worry Darling" director Olivia Wilde also addressed the matter, saying, “Florence is a force, and we are so grateful that she’s able to make it tonight despite being in production on ‘Dune.’”
The “Lazarus Effect” actress seemingly quashed the apparent feuding rumors, as well, involving her and Florence Pugh. She stated that “as for all the endless tabloid gossip and all the noise out there… the internet feeds itself,” adding that she did “not feel the need to contribute” as it is “sufficiently well nourished.”
For his part, Chris Pine also drew attention from the film festival. He and Harry Styles, particularly his reactions, went viral across media platforms twice.
At the press conference, the “Wonder Woman” actor’s reaction, or the lack thereof, to the One Direction member’s statements caught the public’s eye. The Daily Mail said he appeared to be “zoning out” in reaction to his co-star’s “bizarre” comment about their film.
Later that day, another video of Pine and Styles went viral as netizens theorized and speculated the latter spat on the former as he took his seat at the premiere.
But, a rep for the “Into The Woods” actor dismissed the fan theory and branded the matter as “ridiculous.”
In a statement to Variety, the rep said that the story is a “complete fabrication and the result of an odd online illusion that is clearly deceiving and allows for foolish speculation.” As added, “Just to be clear, Harry Styles did NOT spit on Chris Pine.”
Meanwhile, Florence Pugh and Chris Pine have yet to make official comments with regard to their attendance at the upcoming Q&A event for "Don't Worry Darling" this September 19.