Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Criticized For Profiting Off The Invictus Games, Queen Elizabeth
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are criticized for reportedly profiting off the Invictus Games.
When the couple traveled to The Hague earlier this month, they were followed by a camera crew everywhere they went. Prior to the trip, Netflix already confirmed that one of the couple’s projects for the streaming platform is a documentary on the Invictus Games.
But in its May 2 issue, In Touch Weekly slammed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for what they are doing.
“Now, they’re monetizing injured service personnel – how long can they go?” the source said.
The insider also claimed that Prince Harry and Markle’s trip to Windsor Castle was filmed. But their meeting with Queen Elizabeth wasn’t.
“Some feel the queen was fooled by their lies and that they didn’t visit out of the goodness of their hearts. They’re desperate for cash, and it was all part of this big, secret production,” the source said.
The insider claimed that Prince Harry and Markle have gone into panic mode because they haven’t released any content for Netflix. And the last thing that the couple wants is to lose their lucrative deal with the streaming giant.
“They haven’t provided any interesting content yet and are facing the boot if they don’t pony up. So, they’re scrambling to produce the best show ever, even if it means using his family and the queen to make money,” the source said.
The source also claimed that the queen was hoping Prince Harry and Markle would stay at Windsor Castle longer especially since the latter has not seen the monarch in over two years.
But to her surprise, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex only stayed there for 25 minutes. And the queen was also hoping that the couple would bring their children to visit her.
“The queen expected them to stay longer. It was so awkward. When Harry last saw his grandmother, he promised to bring Archie and Lili home, but he did some backpedaling. Not seeing her great-grandchildren is like a dagger to the heart. Meghan explained that they just didn’t feel they could travel with their kids ‘for safety reasons,’” the source said.
However, one should take the tabloid’s claims with a grain of salt.
There’s no proof that Prince Harry and Markle are profiting off the queen or that they had cameras with them when they visited her at Windsor Castle.