Prince William Allegedly Banned Prince Harry, Meghan Markle From His 40th Birthday Celebration
Prince William allegedly made the difficult decision to not invite Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to his 40th birthday celebration.
In its March 28 issue, Heat UK claimed that Prince William and Prince Harry’s relationship has not yet improved. Even though the brothers still love each other deeply, it’s unclear if they would be able to resolve their issues in due time.
A source claimed that the Duke of Cambridge knows that not inviting the couple to his birthday bash is what’s best not only for them but for the royal family as well.
“William still loves Harry – that will never change – but his appearance makes him persona non grata at the moment and it will take some miracle for that to change. The feeling is that, even if Harry and Meghan decided to come to William’s celebration, and that is a big if, their presence would bring a whole fresh set of problems and nobody wants that. The sad truth is that William barely recognizes, let alone relates to, his younger brother anymore,” the source said.
The insider also claimed that the royal family is fuming at Prince Harry for announcing that he won’t attend Prince Philip’s memorial this month. However, he will continue his plans to travel to The Hague for the Invictus Games.
The Duke of Sussex previously made it clear that he doesn’t feel safe in the United Kingdom because he doesn’t have security protection there. But even if this is the case, the royal family believes that they could work something out just for the sake of Prince Philip.
“Even if his brother were to come to some type of compromise over his security concerns, that won’t change William’s position. The bottom line is that he’s caused untold grief and stress within the royal family and the bad taste it’s left in everyone’s mouth simply isn’t going away anytime soon,” the source said.
With this, the tabloid claimed that as long as the queen feels healthy on Prince William’s birthday, she will most likely host a banquet for her grandson. All the senior royals will be invited to toast the occasion.
Kate Middleton and her three children also have a surprise planned for Prince William.
However, one should take the tabloid’s claims with a grain of salt. No one knows what Prince William’s birthday plans are so it’s unlikely for him to have banned the Sussexes from attending his bash.